Winter is a beautiful time where everything that snow touches becomes a winter wonderland– well, almost everything. When the wet snow touches your skin, the freezing temperature actually makes it dry and flakey. It can also be painful because of cracking due to extreme dryness.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for your skin during winter:
- Drink plenty of water to keep you and your skin hydrated. Being able to hydrate from the inside helps prevent your skin from drying out.
- Always apply sunscreen even during winter. Ultraviolet rays from the sun are still able to penetrate clouds and can cause sunburns and accelerate ageing. Regardless of the season, always protect your skin with sunscreen.
- Create or tweak your skincare routine according to the weather. Opt for products that can provide protection from the cold and brutal weather. These can be products that are more gentle and does not strip moisture.
- Don’t stay long in the hot shower. Despite the urge to stay under hot water because of the water, this can cause dryness which can lead to minute cuts and cracks on your skin.
- Don’t skip on the skincare routine. Not doing your skincare routine can make your skin more prone to dryness.
- Don’t neglect your hands and feet. Always have some hand cream on you to prevent them from drying out and wear cotton socks even at home to keep warm and comfortable.