Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is where your body gets its fuel and energy in the morning. No one wants to go to work or school with no energy.
What is a convenient and easy way to get breakfast on the go? Overnight oats! It’s easy to make the night before and just be able to grab it out of the refrigerator and be on your way.
- Rolled oats are advised being used in this recipe as it gives a better consistency than quick oats.
- Milk which can be any type such as skim, plant-based, etc. It can be any milk of your liking.
- Toppings* such as peanut butter, chocolate, fruits, and nuts.
Some optional ingredients:
- Chia seeds for better consistency
- Sweeteners such as maple syrup if you prefer it to be sweeter
- Yoghurt for added protein and creamier consistency
What else needed:
- A jar or container with a lid
- Combine oats and other desired ingredients* in a jar.
- Pour milk until all the dry ingredients are submerged. Don’t worry about it being too watery as the oats will absorb the milk.
- Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, dig in!
*for toppings, you can freely mix them in with the oats or add them in the morning.